Friday, October 23, 2015

Natural Glow with Spray Studio

self tan, spray tan, tan, moisturizer, gradual tan

skincase, hydration, products, beauty, spray studio, self tan


Back in August I teamed up with Spray Studio to try out their all-natural/vegan spray tan and  new line of products, perfect timing before my trip to Arizona. The biggest difference between a DIY tan and getting it done professionally is the color customization and application on your hands, feet, and back. Even with my years of self-tan experience, my hands and feet have never looked that blended. Also, I've had one machine spray tan before and will never do that again.. I didn't line up my hands to the exact degree it sprayed at so I had two toned hands... no thanks. 

Prior to my appointment I followed their prep guidelines and decided on the single splash formulation instead of the quick splash (the difference is when you shower). The spray technician asked me how dark I wanted to be on a 1-10 scale, and helped me decide what would look best for my skin tone*!* While she was creating my formula, she educated me on the best way to extend the tan while on my vacation. Sticking to plant based moisturizers from natural sources would extend my tan the longest, and HELLO, who wouldn't want to use natural products even without a tan?? Everything at Studio Spray has been created by the owner and only include products that are good for you and your skin while giving you results (the 3rd picture above was 2 days after my tanning session). 

I was worried my skin would completely dry out in the hot Arizona environment, but between the hydra mist and body lotion I didn't experience any dryness. I generously applied the body lotion twice daily and threw the hydra-mist in my bag for quick hydration on the go. There are a few difference  scents to choose from, including non-scented if you have extra-sensitive skin. I went with Sugar-Splash for most of the products, and now every time I use one I think of the best trip of my life! P.S the pictures in that post were 4 days after my spray to give you an idea on how it wears with a daily shower.

 I didn't need to use the self tanning products until a few days after I got back. There were a few spots that lifted around the arm pit, but I was expecting much worse with all the hiking we did. My favorite product from the line is the gradual tan. I've been a user of Jergens "natural" glow for years, but this product gives you way better color payoff in just one use. I always have to grab the gradual tanner from my Moms' bathroom because she loves it too! The temporary tint is another great product to have in your beauty cabinet for an extra color boost before a night out. It's similar to the Sally Hansen leg makeup, except it's not as messy and chalky - especially when you use the mist applicator (which are way more durable than the St. Tropez mit). Check out all the products I've been using below for a more detailed description and list of ingredients. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Use code BERRYCHICLOVE to get 30% off your order at Shop Spray Studio (good until December!) 

I will definitely be trusting the girls at Studio Spray for all my bridal glow needs in the next year. Speaking of bridal- would y'all want me to share my wedding planning experience on the blog?? Special thanks to Alicia, Ashley, and the girls at Spray Studio Atlanta!

3 comments:

  1. Always looking for new spray tan products - I'll have to check these out! Also, I'd love for you to share some of your bridal/wedding planning on the blog! So fun!

    xoxo, colleen
    Pleather & Sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about spray tanning this winter just to have a little color without using a tanning bed. I'm always weary about how much those UV rays can harm the skin. I'm checking out these now!

    Jenna
    www.thatssofletch.storenvy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a spray tan over a tanning bed or something. SO much better for you, and it looks great!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete